another technical blog...technically

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Deleting a host named site collection... for real

A simple problem: you have to delete a host named site collection in order to recreate it.
When you try to recreate it, you get an error: SharePoint says the site collection already exists... if you restart the machine you'll be able to recreate it.
What if you cannot restart the machine whenever you want (read production environment).
$variable = Get-SPSite "http://already.deleted.site"
$variable
You'll get an output like this


Now recreate the site collection without problems ;)
written in: Milano, Italia

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Because of a lot of SPAM about courses, I need to moderate all comments here.
I ensure you that I will answer whenever possible (if you are not a spammer).

Me, myself and I

My Photo
I'm just another IT guy sharing his knowledge with all of you out there.
Wanna know more?