another technical blog...technically

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Trust no one: especially about SharePoint Search

Some days ago, the customer said he want to be able to search files in OneDrive using O365 search.
The solution is there: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn627526.aspx
After Step 5, i went into the search site, selecting OneDrive result source, and i run the search with no parameter... wow only OneDrive results; after that i tried another search with a word and... surprise surprise... results from everywhere.
After lot of hours of tentatives, the decision was to filter results again also in the query text of the search web part (path:https:// tenant_name -my.sharepoint.com/personal), in order to mantain mental sanity.
Share:
written in: Milano, Italia

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Because of a lot of SPAM about courses, I need to moderate all comments here.
I ensure you that I will answer whenever possible (if you are not a spammer).

Me, myself and I

My Photo
I'm just another IT guy sharing his knowledge with all of you out there.
Wanna know more?